Tanzanian & Kenyan Visa Information
Tanzanian Visa Application
Below you will find two addresses in the United States through which you can obtain your Tanzanian Visa in advance. We recommend mailing your application and passport to the New York office, especially if you need your visa in a rush. However, it is also possible to obtain a visa upon arrival in Tanzania, just make sure you have $100 USD (US Citizens for multiple entry visa – required minimum) or $50 USD (non-US Citizens for single entry visas, $100 USD for multiple entry) in cash. Application forms are available at the ports of entry or border crossings.
Special Note: Please make sure your passport is valid for at least 6 months (from the date of your departure from Tanzania. Please review all visa regulations well in advance of your arrival.). The Tanzanian Visa that will be affixed into your passport takes up an entire page of your passport. Please ensure you have sufficient pages remaining in your passport prior to travel (2 blank pages per country on your itinerary).
Click here to see a sample visa form and how to fill out certain questions. Please feel free to contact with any questions.
Please visit the UN Mission or Embassy websites for the most recent visa application form and regulations (see links below):
The Permanent Representative Of The United Republic Of Tanzania To The United Nations
307 East 53rd Street, 5th Floor
New York, NY, 10022-4985
Tel: 212-697-3612 Ext. 10
Embassy of The United Republic of Tanzania
1232 22nd Street, NW
Washington Dc, 20037
Kenyan Visa Application
Online e-Visa process: http://evisa.go.ke/
- Note: This method of visa application can be used for a 1) Single Entry Visa, 2) Transit Visa or 3) Courtesy / Diplomatic Visa. Please allow for up to 7 business days to process.
Manual Visa application process – http://www.kenyaembassydc.org/visa.html
- The Kenya Embassy website Visa Services page has comprehensive information on the manual application process including application forms for download. Please read all information carefully.
- The online e-Visa and the manual Visa applications will continue to run concurrently.
- The Single Entry Tourist Visa to Kenya is currently priced at US$ 50 and is valid for three months.
- The Transit Visa to Kenya is US $20 and is valid for 24 hours.
- Important note: Do not apply for your e-visa more than 90 days prior to arrival.