Tanzanian & Kenyan Visa Information
Three Options for acquiring a Tanzania Visa
1. NEW: E-Visa Online Application Process
(Please provide 10 business days for your e-visa to be processed and approved. Visa applicants are advised to make their applications through the Official Tanzania Immigration website (www.immigration.go.tz) ONLY and NOT through any other links)
The E-Visa process will allow you to fast track your visa procurement upon arrival at select points of entry:
- Dar es Salaam Julius Nyerere International Airport (DAR);
- Kilimanjaro International Airport (JRO);
- Zanzibar Abeid Amani Karume International Airport (ZNZ);
- Namanga border with Kenya;
- Tunduma border with Malawi.
The E-Visa will not work for guests flying into Tanzania via Mwanza (MWZ) from Kigali (KGL), Rwanda.
- Click here to begin your E-Visa Application: https://eservices.immigration.go.tz/visa/
- Click here to read all of the E-Visa Regulations: https://eservices.immigration.go.tz/visa/guidelines
Helpful information when filling out your E-Visa application:
Local Host Information
- Select: Company/Organziation
- Full Name: Michael Mussa
- Mobile: +255 784 653 355
- Email: Michael@Access2Tanzania.com
- Company Name: Access 2 Tanzania Ltd
- Relationship: Tour Operator
- Physical Address: PO Box 10955, Arusha
In most cases you can enter the name of the first property listed on your Tanzania travel itinerary. For physical address you can look that up on the accommodation website. You can use cross roads or PO Box information as well.
You will need to upload a copy of your international round trip ticket showing your inbound and outbound flight details for Tanzania. If Access 2 Tanzania is arranging your outbound flight to connect you onward to Rwanda, you can use your confirmation voucher from us for this purpose. Email us with questions.
2. Obtaining your Tanzania Visa in advance
Below you will find two addresses in the United States through which you can obtain your Tanzanian Visa in advance. We recommend mailing your application and passport to the New York office, especially if you need your visa in a rush.
Please visit the UN Mission or Embassy websites for the most recent visa application form and regulations (see links below):
The Permanent Representative Of The United Republic Of Tanzania To The United Nations
307 East 53rd Street, 5th Floor
New York, NY, 10022-4985
Tel: 212-697-3612 Ext. 10
Embassy of The United Republic of Tanzania
1232 22nd Street, NW
Washington Dc, 20037
3. Obtaining your Tanzania Visa upon arrival
It is still possible to obtain your Tanzania visa upon arrival without going through the E-Visa process. Please make sure you have $100 USD (US Citizens for multiple entry visa – required minimum) or $50 USD (non-US Citizens for single entry visas, $100 USD for multiple entry) in cash. Application forms are available at the ports of entry or border crossings.
Please Read – Special Notes!
Click here to see a sample paper visa form and how to fill out certain questions. Please feel free to contact with any questions.
Please make sure your passport is valid for at least 6 months (from the date of your departure from Tanzania. Please review all visa regulations well in advance of your arrival.). The Tanzanian Visa that will be affixed into your passport takes up an entire page of your passport. Please ensure you have sufficient pages remaining in your passport prior to travel (2 blank pages per country on your itinerary).
Kenya Visa Application
Online e-Visa process: http://evisa.go.ke/
- Note: This method of visa application can be used for a 1) Single Entry Visa, 2) Transit Visa or 3) Courtesy / Diplomatic Visa. Please allow for up to 7 business days to process.
Manual Visa application process – http://www.kenyaembassydc.org/visa.html
- The Kenya Embassy website Visa Services page has comprehensive information on the manual application process including application forms for download. Please read all information carefully.
- The online e-Visa and the manual Visa applications will continue to run concurrently.
- The Single Entry Tourist Visa to Kenya is currently priced at US$ 50 and is valid for three months.
- The Transit Visa to Kenya is US $20 and is valid for up to 72 hours.
- Those connecting to flights directly without leaving the airport do not need to apply for transit visas.
- Important note: Do not apply for your e-visa more than 90 days prior to arrival.