Climb Mt. Kilimanjaro
Activity Duration: 5-8 days
At 5896m, snow capped Mt. Kilimanjaro, known as the ceiling of Africa, has the highest peak in Africa. It is one of the continent’s most magnificent sights. It rises through lush rainforest, alpine meadows and barren lunar landscape to the twin summits of Kibo and Mawenzi. For most of the trekkers the goal is always to reach Uhuru peak, Kibo’s highest point. A person of average health and strong determination can reach the summit without ropes or technical climbing experience.
It usually takes five days (four nights) to climb to the summit and down through Marangu route, the most popular route. On the Marangu route, campers sleep in huts while they sleep in tents on all other routes. Other routes take a little longer but are often less-traveled and have more interesting scenery. The Machame route has a gradual ascent before approaching the summit via the top section of the Mweka route, while the Umbwe route is much steeper and a more direct way to the summit. Its upper section, which is often covered with snow and ice, is a serious undertaking.
A mountain guide accompanied by a cook and porters who carry the food, camping equipment and other supplies lead each climb. Qualified and reliable mountain-climbing companies on contract with Access 2 Tanzania execute these climbs.
2016 Route Pricing (thru Dec 31)
|Route||Days on the mountain||2-3 pax||4-6 pax|
|Marangu Route||5 days on the mountain||$1,895/per person||$1,745/per person|
|Machame Route||6 days on the mountain||$2,245/per person||$2,095/per person|
|Rongai Route||6 days on the mountain||$2,345/per person||$2,195/per person|
|Lemosho Route||8 days on the moutain||$3,315/per person||$3,015/per person|
|Umbwe Route||6 days on the mountain||$2,430/per person||$2,280/per person|
- All prices are per person in U.S. dollars, double or triple occupancy
- Solo climbs incur additional costs, please contact us for a quote
- Luxury Kili Trek Supplement available starting from From $495 extra per person for groups of 7+
- If there are others starting the same Kilimanjaro route on the same day, you will be combined to form a group
- Discounts for groups of 7+ people.
- $350/person for an extra night on the mountain for groups of 2+
- Oxygen and hyperbaric pressure bags are available for an additional fee.
- Extra porters (for camera gear, etc.) are $20/day
- National Park gate fees
- Transport from Moshi to starting point on mountain and return to Moshi
- Hut or camping fees
- Certified, experienced, English-speaking guides for all routes
- Salaries for all crew members
- Rescue fees (as required by national park)
- All meals on the mountain
- Tents, foam sleeping pads, cooking equipment, and eating utensils
- Tips for guides and porters
- Mountain equipment
- Some equipment is available for rent
- Transfers to and from your hotel in Moshi
- Accommodation and meals in Moshi
- $200 for tips
- $60-120 for 2 nights hotel in Moshi
- $30 for meals in Moshi
- $30 for Kilimanjaro Airport departure tax